Sometime in the early 1880s,
the citizens of Eldred started organizing a town band. Instruments
were received for this band on July 3, 1883. The band would travel
to many states and compete in tournaments and accompany various
groups at large celebrations.
June 18, 1885:
Akron (OH) band tournament. Eldred received 3rd Prize.
August 20, 1885: Grand Tournament of Eldred Band.
May 26, 1886: Band got new uniforms, Blue - Gold - White.
June 9, 1886: Band receives 1st Prize at the Port Allegany tournament.
July 29, 1886: Band receives 1st Prize at the Friendship (NY)
June 22, 1887: Band receives 2nd Prize at the Akron (NY) tournament.
August 2, 1887: Band receives 1st Prize at the Cuba (NY) tournament.
October 12, 1889: Band returns from Washington, DC where they
accompanied the Lake Erie Commandry, Knight of Templars in Buffalo,
Medal given to Eldred Band members who traveled to Washington,
by the Lake Erie Commandry.
JF Gilfert Collection
August 4, 1890: Band accompanies the Bolivar (NY) Hose Company
to Butler, PA.
June 20, 1893: Band receives 2nd Prize at Emporium tournament.
September 11, 1893: Band accompanies NY Templars in Buffalo, NY.
July 5, 1895: Band receives 2nd Prize at Franklinville (NY) tournament.