St. Elmo Hotel
The St. Elmo Hotel was located at the corner of Railroad
and Main Street, presently the Hamlin Bank, and was opened by B.W.
Rice on June 12, 1882 and was formerly known the location of the
Dolan House. The hotel was torn down in 1926 by Clare Burr. The
location then became the Burr's Chevrolet Garage, which stood until
the 1980s when Hamlin Bank built their new bank on this site.