Ford Motor Company
In 1926, Tom Todd and Adolph Berg started a partnership with
Ford Motor Company at the corner of Edson and Main Street. Located
behind the Meat Market, Todd and Berg started this Ford garage
in the former location of Burr's Chevrolet garage, which moved
to the corner of Railroad and Main Street after demolishing
the St. Elmo Hotel. Gustafson's Drug store also occupied the
front of the building and the corner was a busy stop for many
In 1936, Tom Todd bought his partner's interest and named it
Todd Motor Sales. In 1946, he and his sons, John and Phil, both
World War II veterans, formed a partnership. In 1952, both Tom
and Phil died and John Todd became sole owner of the garage.
Today his sons, John Jr. and William Todd run the family business.
Over the last 75 years the business suffered from floods and
fires, but business goes on. The most tragic flood being that
of 1972 when 13 feet of water flooded Main Street at its peek.
A fire in 1973 destroyed an annex building across the street
which sold motor homes. The family business also sold Fordson
tractors at one time.